Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Educational Technology Project

I've experimented with several programs/sites. I use Mind Maps in my Psychology classes, so I tried a couple of Mind Map sites. They are time consuming until I get the hang of the software. Then I tried Slide Share. I searched Psychology and found several excellent slide shows. I also signed up as a follower of The Institute of Psychiatry. I tried to do a poster but needed more time. I also went to Glogster and noticed the $50.00 fee for one year. I didn't join because I don't know exactly it is. They compared themselves to Blogs.

My final selection was the "word clouds". The programs I used for my Presentation were: Wordle.net, Jing, Screencast.com, and Tagxedo. I used words from my Introduction to Psychology course and created several clouds of related words. These tools were user-friendly, creative, colorful, educational, and fun to use. Jing is a wonderful capture tool and Screencast is a great storage site. I am really looking forward to using these tools with my classes. It will be fun and educational for me and my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment